Thursday 22 April 2010

Teacher leave those kids alone

All those wanky teachers at school, uuuurgh!
I know you hear and read about people being inspired by teachers in their school years - but I never was. I was dis-inspired, disenchanted, discombobulated, dispirited and injected with a venom that I'm still attempting to suck out of my psyche 30 years later.
I hated school.

It was the purest symbol imaginable of the ideology and time management of the human mind. It was preparation, indoctrination, psychological and physical bullying: "This is it boy, get used to it, you're gonna be fucked about for the rest of your life, true freedom is only for losers, wasters, the stupid and the mad!"

Knuckle down and you may, just may, graduate to an adult gulag, be psychologically tortured every month as you try to meet your mortgage and credit card repayments, panic about losing your 'job' or becoming ill, worry that your kids are not wearing the right trainers, the car needs insuring, your wife is seeing another man, you paid too much for your broadband, can you afford a holiday this year?

All the anxieties of being a grown up, all the things that school prepared you for: taking shit because that's what you bought into, and now you have to pay the piper - in spades!

You can opt out, not play the game, 'do your own thang'. But there starts the ridicule. The negative labels start spitting through the air like bullets, your body and soul become riddled with the stigmata of being different.

You're a criminal now, suspect, odd, weird, mentally unstable, insecure,incompetent and possible dangerous to boot!

Well, fuck 'em, the teachers, the bosses, the guru's, the priests and the politicians. Fuck all those who think they know whats good for you, what you really need to be happy.
I know what I need:one single person to love and truly understand me and accept me for myself. That's all anybody needs really.

Oh and maybe a guitar and some decent grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment