Sunday 30 January 2011

A Sunday morning stroll

This is the country park just three minutes walk from where me and my girlfriend live.
It was bitterly cold this morning but we were both really glad to get out in the fresh air. My other half started hugging tree's and talked of being charged by the spirit of Gaia...I was furiously rubbing my hands together and summoning up the courage to light a fag.
I like to think I am a very spiritual person, and I always have one eye out for the Sidhe (pronounced 'Shee' - Celtic Fairy folk), but I really prefer my supernatural outdoor communions to be performed in more temperate weather.
Still, we took some air and stretched a few sagging muscles.

I'm feeling it now though, that's why I'm posting these pics - I'm too knackered to get off the sofa, or do any serious thinking for at least a couple of hours.

I'm just going to have a leisurely Boho afternoon: strumming my guitar and eating haggis flavoured crisps and copious amounts of hot sweet tea - not all at the same time obviously!











2 comments:

  1. I feel inspired to get up off the sofa now and go for a walk in the cold, too! Great pictures. How nice to have a park like that just a few footsteps from your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I never heard of the Sidhe. I must look that up; it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete