Friday 5 February 2010

The Single Domesticated Bohemian

Just wondered if any of my fellow idlers who might live alone, ever feel more like Sysiphus pushing a great big rock up the cliff face of intolerance and misunderstanding, rather than a free spirit who just craves autonomy?

It's getting harder and harder to make ends meet: pay rent, food, bills, council tax etc, and maintain any kind of self sufficiency and personal freedom without morphing into a workaholic twat with an A Type (for arsehole) personality.

The work I do get away with 24 - 34 hours a week - at the very most - is unfulfilling and tedious and fucking pointless: designing and making signs for mostly grubby little wannabe tycoons with some souless business idea which I'm actually helping them sell! God I hate these fucking people. I'm a sensitive man for Christ's sake!

All I get is: 'It's okay for you, you've got NO KIDS, 'It's okay for you, you've got no RESPONSIBILITY', 'It's okay for you, you've got no MORTGAGE',or the best one: "who's gonna look after you when you're OLD!" How fucking cheerful.

That's the trouble with me I'm too happy go lucky, I need to knuckle down to the MATURE MAN STEREOTYPE, get myself some serious baggage: bitter divorces, estranged kids, mortgage loan's, mother-in-laws, spouses families, terror of redundancy and general ennui. Bit pessimistic aren't I? I've seen so many people, many with kid's and family's that are just downright miserable.

I'm not materialistic, I don't own a car, I don't crave for the latest gadget or lifestyle, I don't really crave for anything except a bit of peace to paint, read, smoke and dream.

I'M AN INDIVIDUAL, I DON'T BOTHER ANYONE, I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN, SO LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! Except fellow bohemians , of course.

Anybody got any advice for someone 'Who thinks Too Deeply and Too much', no kid's, no family, no ties. Should I emigrate, copulate, denigrate, subjugate, cogitate or simply hibernate for the winter, and think about it again in the spring? Shall I just go on benefits again. I think alot of claimants are at least being more honest/authentic human beings than moaning wage slaves like me.

RANT OVER. Thankyou and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Nice work, looking forward to reading some more.
    Philip

    ReplyDelete